Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sad News

After getting back from Tsukiji Market on saturday I ended up having to take my father to the Emergency Room at a nearby hospital. He had been complaing about abdominal pain since we had arrived and not being able to use the bathroom. He had to get a surgery and has been there for the past 2 days. Its monday morning now, and he should be getting discharged today. I visited him twice yesterday and he said he was fine and all the pain he was enduring had releived itself thanks to the surgery. It was pretty crazy, and I was very upset. Only the doctors knew how to speak english, and even then it was pretty broken. I have to pull my english to japanese dictionary out to speak with the nurses taking care of him. It really sucks that this had to happen on our trip, but at least its over and we still have plenty of time to stuff together. I wasnt allowed to stay in the hospital, so my father insisted i at least go out and do whatever i wanted, so it wasnt a total loss of 2 days.

So this is how I spent my 25th birthday, in a hospital in Tokyo and then waiting hours while my father was in surgery. We were supposed to get dressed up all fancy and go to a really expensive restaurant, i bought a brand new dress and everything. Not exactly what we had planned but at least he's ok. Either way, I wanted this birhtday to be unforgettable, and i guess in a way it sort of is.

1 comment:

Orlando said...

I sitting here with your cousin Walter and you uncle Derlis on the phone. I just gave them the news about your dad. Is he OK? What was wrong with him? WOW I was telling Walter that must have been hard w/ the language and shit.